Thursday January 02, 2020
Centennial Library (Bells Corners), starting at 18:30
The Centennial Library is at 3870 Old Richmond Rd. in Bells Corners. Bus routes 57 and 88 are listed as servicing that area. Note that we will be done by 20:20, as this library closes earlier than the other location and we need to restore the room to the configuration it was in when we arrived.
- Venue change - hopefully a quick discussion.
- Changed: John Nash will be talking about using GPG with your email and some observations on his work with extended precision FORTRAN.
- The Ansible talk by Scott Murphy will be moved to a future session.
- If we have extra time, we can discuss potential future talks.
- Remnder that our AGM is in April.
New2Linux from 18:00 to 18:30 for discussion / learning.
After the meeting, there may be an optional social event at one of the nearby pubs or restaurants. A short discussion and vote as to location will be taken then.
GPG/PGP keysigning is available, make sure you have a pre-generated slip available. You can go to http://openpgp.quelltextlich.at/slip.html to generate keyslips.
Note: New speakers welcome. If you have a topic or know someone who may have a good topic for a meeting, feel free to suggest it to the board.