Thursday January 10, 2019
The meeting will be the SECOND Thursday, as we couldn’t get the first Thursday.
Location: We will be in the Centennial Library, starting at 18:30.
This is the same location as December 2018. Again, note the location, time, and date. We will be in this location for The first half of 2019. The Centennial Library is at 3870 Old Richmond Rd. in Bells Corners. Bus routes 88, 97, and 256 are listed as servicing that area. Note that we will be done by 20:30, as this library closes earlier than the other location.
- Elections are in April, so if you want to change out the board,
this is your opportunity.
- If you want to self-nominate, send an email to the secretary to be placed on the candidate list.
- The list of candidates will be posted on the wiki prior to the election.
- Elections are in April, so if you want to change out the board, this is your opportunity.
- Since we have a somewhat shorter evening and we have to take a few minutes to setup and tear down the room, I don’t want to over commit on time. We will get a better handle as time goes on.
- VoIP Talk
- This is more of a follow-up to the talk Scott gave years ago at Shopify. Rather than go over the actual nuts and bolts of building a VoIP server, we will talk about some of the interesting things you can do with one and the really low barrier to entry to having either your own or renting one.
- Discussion of other people’s VoIP experiences.
- Hot Topics: The mailing list has had some activity on OpenSSL malware, so that could be a topic.
After the meeting, there may be an optional social event at one of the nearby pubs or restaurants. A short discussion and vote as to location will be taken then.
Note: New speakers welcome. If you have a topic or know someone who may have a good topic for a meeting, feel free to suggest it to the board.