Thursday March 7, 2019
Centennial Library (Bells Corners), starting at 18:30
This is the same location as December 2018. Again, note the location, time, and date. We will be in this location for The first half of 2019. The Centennial Library is at 3870 Old Richmond Rd. in Bells Corners. Bus routes 88, 97, and 256 are listed as servicing that area. Note that we will be done by 20:20, as this library closes earlier than the other location and we need to restore the room to the configuration it was in when we arrived.
- Elections are next month, so if you want to change out the
board, this is your opportunity.
- If you want to self-nominate, send an email to the secretary to be placed on the candidate list.
- The list of candidates will be posted on the wiki prior to the election.
- Elections are next month, so if you want to change out the board, this is your opportunity.
- Wireguard Talk
- WireGuard is an open-source software application and protocol that implements virtual private network techniques to create secure point-to-point connections in routed or bridged configurations.
- Presented by Qingwei Zhang
- Quilt Talk
- Quilt is an open-source software application for patch management. The basic idea behind quilt is to maintain patches instead of maintaining source files.
- Presented by Brenda Butler
- Hot Topics: Open
- Wireguard Talk
New2Linux from 18:00 to 18:30 for discussion / learning.
After the meeting, there may be an optional social event at one of the nearby pubs or restaurants. A short discussion and vote as to location will be taken then.
GPG/PGP keysigning is available, make sure you have a pre-generated slip available. You can go to http://openpgp.quelltextlich.at/slip.html to generate keyslips.
Note: New speakers welcome. If you have a topic or know someone who may have a good topic for a meeting, feel free to suggest it to the board.